PedalGR, meeting at 6:30pm on Wednesday, 6/10/2009 at Founder’s Brewing Company, 235 Grandville Ave SW.
FREE ICE CREAM!
Now that I have your attention, if you’ve stepped outside the last few days, you’ve discovered that the summer temperatures have arrived with the summer solstice. Bill Steffen mentioned on his blog today that we usually get two days of 90+ degree weather in June. Wednesday is expected to be one of them.
To fight the heat wave, we’ll be riding to FREE ICE CREAM!!! at the Cone Shoppe at Michigan and Fuller courtesy of the Rapid Wheelmen Bicycle Club. We’ll also be riding a short route to avoid keeping you all out in the heat for too long. That means we’ll get back to the cold beers faster.
Here’s how the free ice cream will work. When we arrive at The Cone Shoppe, I will give each rider $2. That $2 will get you a small hard scoop cone, or a large soft serve in Vanilla, Chocolate, or Swirl. While you may bring your own money and purchase something more expensive, it’s better if most people order the basic cones so we can get in and out in a timely fashion. I have arranged with The Cone Shoppe to have an extra staff person to help with our orders.
View PedalGR route 6/24/09 in a larger map
Need to Know:
- This is a no-drop ride. Nobody in the group will be left behind.
- Ride is about 12 miles and will take about 2 hours (PedalGR is not a race).
- It’s going to be HOT!! 90+ degrees. Please bring WATER!
- HELMETS ARE REQUIRED on Rapid Wheelmen Club rides. (The insurance company’s lawyers insist) Please email or comment in advance if you need to borrow one.
A few highlights include:
- Blues on the Mall ride-by
- Riverside Park neighborhood and Riverside Middle School
- FREE ICE CREAM at the Cone Shoppe
- Coldbrook Creek mural project (keep your eye out for this one)
Ride Safe and see you Wednesday!
P.S. I finished the Lumberjack 100 in 12:09:24. About 10 hours of that was out on the trail. The first place rider finished in 6:48:06. Crazy!