PedalGR HALLOWEEN RIDE, leaving at 6:00pm on Friday, 10/31/08 at Mill Creek Tavern, 3874 West River Drive NE in Comstock Park.
Photo Credit: EJP Photo via Flickr and Creative Commons license
It’s October and Halloween is almost upon us. PedalGR doesn’t pass up an opportunity to visit some interesting sites in the city, so we’ll be touring some of the north side’s most frightening cemeteries, including Veteran’s, Washington Park, Greenwood, and Holy Cross.
After the ride, everyone is invited to stay and at the Mill Creek Tavern to party with the Western Michigan Mountain Biking Association and the Sinners (MySpace) from Mt. Pleasant. There will be plenty of Founders IPA on tap, along with other choices. A good time is guaranteed!
Here is the route:
View Larger Map
Need to Know:
- This is a no-drop ride. Nobody in the group will be left behind.
- Ride is 14 miles and should take less than two hours so we can get to the PARTY!!!
- It will be cold! Please dress appropriately (layering is key!)
- HELMETS ARE REQUIRED on Rapid Wheelmen Club rides.
- We will try to leave right at 6:00 to maximize our daylight. Please plan to arrive a few minutes early.
- LIGHTS ARE REQUIRED as well! Twilight is at 7:06, and it may be completely dark by the ride’s end.
A few highlights include:
- Veteran’s cemetery
- Washington Park cemetery
- Greenwood cemetery
- Holy Cross cemetery
- party at Mill Creek Tavern with WMMBA (costumes are encouraged, but not required!)
Remember LIGHTS ARE REQUIRED! Being visible is key for safe cycling at twilight and after dark. Costumes are encouraged. Hope to see you there!
Lastly, there is a possible detour needed around construction on Richmond St. I will be checking into this during the week and will change the route accordingly.